Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:23:34 -0400

Glenn Ervin at Home wrote:

> Hey Jeorg,
> I still can't get my unit to speak the folder names.
> It does speak the folder and file numbers, and if I use it , it will spell
> the file names.
> I copied each MP3 file corresponding to its folder into the same folder.
> I renamed each folder's MP3 file to:
> .dirname.MP3
> and I still can't get it to work.
> I am using the same files that did work with TalkBox.
> Any suggestions?
> I think it may have quit when you put the talkbox feature into the RockBox.
> Do I still need the TalkBox file in the root?
> Because I no longer have it there.
> Thanks for all your work.
> Glenn

If you are using a recent daily build, the files now need to be named
.dirname.tbx rather than .dirname.mp3. This keeps the clips from showing
up in playlists/id3 taggers/etc., and we bothered Joerg until he changed
it. =)

If you use the latest version of the mp3clipgen.vbs script, it will
rename any existing.dirname.mp3 files to .dirname.tbx, and create
.dirname.tbx files for any folders that do not yet have a 'talkbox' clip
present.