Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:21:46 -0400

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

>>BTW, I teach computer usage, and have built 2 complete computers, and have
>>installed nearly all versions of windows countless times, so these basic
>>questions will not help.
>
> But I'm pretty sure it must be something basic...
>
>>From your file log below, your propely set-up "talkbox" should say something
> if you hover the cursor over the "80's" folder. You have a thumbnail file
> within. Even if this file is somehow broken, the disk should spin up to try it
> out. I guess you have other directories next to it, so you can move around?
> If you set the folders to spelling, does it spell the "80's" for you?
>
> Jörg
>
>>Here is a snip of one of my directories:
>>The folder is:
>>g:\80's\
>>G:\80's\.dirname.TBX
>>G:\80's\Hard Rock.M3U

Yeah, at this point I don't know what to say. I'm using the April 12
daily build, all my folders have .dirname.tbx clips in them, and I hear
the names just fine. Your folder structure looks perfectly correct, your
settings are correct, so... we need to look for something more subtle
now I suppose.

This is just a stab in the dark, but is it possible that the talkbox
code is case sensitive? I have lower case .tbx extensions for my files,
whereas yours appear to be all uppercase. The script makes everything
lowercase, but you've made your own clips and used uppercase. DOS
doesn't care, but perhaps the talkbox code does not use a
case-insensitive string compare when it searches for .dirname clips?

You could try changing one and see what happens as a quickie experiment,
rather than waiting for Jorg or someone to tell us.