Subject: Re: Inclusion of patches? Specifically 887081

Re: Inclusion of patches? Specifically 887081

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:55:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Lucas wrote:

> I was wondering when are patches included into the daily cvs?

When one of the comitters have applied it on his local copy and likes what he
sees. To do that, he needs time and a patch that is properly made.

> Specifically, I remember discussing the Play button having different
> functions based on the "mode" that is set. This was termed "party mode".
> Anyway, I was told that until someone worked on it, it would not be added,
> but I see that a patch has been written for it. Patch 887081. Is there a lot
> of work to include a patch into the cvs?

I don't know if anyone has looked at it that close yet. I can't recall many
comments on the list from people who have tried it.

> Is there a timeline on including patches?

No, it simply depends on when people get time to review it and do the
necessary work it takes to commit it.

> Do some get priority?

I doubt that is possible. Unless you pay someone to do it! ;-)