Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:04:00 +0200

Jack wrote:
> Yes, seeing as this is something which users will want to change about and
> play with, we won't want them hidden in UNIX either!

I agree.

> There isn't really any reason to have the period at all, and I don't think
> an underscore would be of much use either!

My reason for liking the prefix is that I prefer to have a sorted directly list not put _dirname.talk inbetween dionysos_poetry.m3u and disney_death_metal.mp3. In an information-purpose sense, the .talk file is data about the directory while the others are contents of the directory.

--
Björn