Subject: Re: queue/insert with play button (party mode), patch 887081

Re: queue/insert with play button (party mode), patch 887081

From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:51:57 +0200

Henrik Backe wrote:
> "Daniel Gudlat" <gudlat_at_web.de> wrote in message
>><snip> As it is, and unless I'm missing something fundamental here,
>>bookmarking is basically only good for audio book people. Those who
>>use (temporary) playlists to listen to collections of mp3's only have
>>exactly one resume point as recorded in the .playlist_control file.
>
> That's not true, it's good for any non-modifeid playlist. For us
> oldies that listen to albums not just tracks it's still good.

Oops. My bad. But I remember having some problems in getting the
bookmark code to do exactly that when I frist tried it out. Must have
been a PEBKAC then...

I understand that many people are extensively modifying their playlists
during playback, so this change would still be rather useful.

> I agree, but it involves quite a lot work to do. Every bookmark must
> be a copy of .playlist_control file with some additional information
> (mainly display information to make browsing bookmarks easier). The
> main problem will be to avoid cluttering the disk with bookmark files.

That's the reason why I'm only using the most recent bookmarks file.
I *hate* disk clutter.

Greetings,
--
Daniel Gudlat