Subject: french voice updated

french voice updated

From: arnaud <netcava_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:59:05 +0200

I have updated the french voice file.

Actually, it now uses IBM Viavoice Outloud for the voice, I really
prefer it, at least it pronounces all the stuff the same.

it was a lot of work to do because I had to create a seperate test
file with the name of each ID in francais.lang to a text file
id_xxx.txt such as voice_one.txt with the number 1 on it only etc.

I'm pretty sure a cmd script could have done it automatically from the
.lang file but I'm not a batch expert.

btw... where can I find the latest version of the english.lang file?

The one I have is labeled
# $Id: english.lang,v 1.111 2004/04/08 06:38:56 hohensoh Exp $
so probably some voice strings are missing, well for example the month
indication is not spoken.

I'm sure there's a newer version of english.lang somewhere but I don't
know where.

btw.... If someone also have Jörg's german.lang file, I would be
interested to take a look at it to see how it was done for special /
accented characters.

I wrote Jörg but I guess he's maybe in vacation or he's busy doing
something else.

btw.... http://www.netcava.net/public/francais.zip