Subject: RE: battery status not spoken

RE: battery status not spoken

From: Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:53:00 -0400

Hi, Jörg.
        You said
In general, the voice file on the haxx rockbox site can't be more up to date
than mine, because I've been the source.

        First, I haven't tried your Crystal voice. I have only tried your
Mary voice. Perhaps the Mary voice wasn't updated?

If the vocabulary for the battery level announce is missing in the voice
file, it should still say the number and percentage, because that should be
available. Voice IDs used by Rockbox but not included in the voice files are
just ignored, the rest should still work.

        I don't know what the vocabulary for the battery status is, exactly.
I only get x percent spoken when I hit "rockbox info" in the info menu,
followed by free disk space and so on. This, of course, is only using the
english.voice from the rockbox site. If I use my own voice file, or your
Mary.zip, I get nothing spoken for the battery, merely the free disk space
and the time.
        Thanks.
        Aman

this is a bit strange, I have to check what's on my webspace, maybe I copied
the wrong stuff?

In general, the voice file on the haxx rockbox site can't be more up to date
than mine, because I've been the source.

If the vocabulary for the battery level announce is missing in the voice
file, it should still say the number and percentage, because that should be
available. Voice IDs used by Rockbox but not included in the voice files are
just ignored, the rest should still work.

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/info