Subject: RE: Noise while plugged in

RE: Noise while plugged in

From: David Greenfield <dgreenfield_at_taltrade.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:54:38 -0500

I get it too on my fmr.

-----Original Message-----
From: RK [mailto:randyk_at_wi.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 11:04 PM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: Noise while plugged in

I have the JBR V2. (The newer looking Jukebox Recorder, no FM.)

Has anyone else noticed when you are plugged into an external power source (outlet or car adapter) that there is static present? It's mostly static with a pulse type noise. I have mine plugged into a car stereo, but you could get the same effect with headphones. Put the music on pause and turn the volume all the way up with and without external power. (I have to try this myself.) Maybe the amplification just makes it more noticeable.

When I unplug the external power source however, the output is CD-quality quiet. Otherwise, it's more like an old tape.

If they all do that, then I guess it's better to use it portable than plugged in.

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without making any copies.