Subject: Suggestion: Talking dirs w/o .dirname possible ?

Suggestion: Talking dirs w/o .dirname possible ?

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:08:34 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I would like to ask/suggest something acc. to the talking dirs:

Creating that .dirname.tbx takes really a lot of time, as I found out
yesterday ;-))

Would it be possible to NOT use that .dirname files and let the voice
feature pronounce the dirs (me personally I could accept any loss of
pronuciation quality) ?

Following suggestions, if that is not possible:

Why not storing all language specific voice files according to all laguages
contained in your dir names (e.g. German, English, Spanish music dirs, so
you store all of these 3 voice files to the AJB).

We specify a tag in the directory names (e.g. G=german at the end, like
"Phil Collins - Face Value - G"). The talking dirs could evaluate that tag,
use the corresponding voice file and then pronounce the directory name (not
simply spelling it).

Would that be a possible way ?

Greetings

Matthias