Subject: Klondike

Klondike

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:58:20 +0100

Hi all,

Attached is an ALPHA release of the Klondike Solitaire .rock for anybody
with a graphical screen.

Unfortunately I have just discovered that the core lcd routines will trash
memory if passed bad paramemters - this is great for speed - useless for
sprite handling.
...THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM, IT IS JUST A STATEMENT!

I ASSUMED (that'll learn me) when I started Klondike that the core routines
WOULD have clipping - and so it was written as such.

Since this essentially means that I need to rewrite either (a) the core lcd
routines (ludicrously unlikely I would ever get permission for that) OR (b)
the way my program generates it's sprites (*sigh*)- it could be a l-o-n-g
time before it happens.

However Klondike runs fine on my jukekox, just don't expect anything
spectacular if/when you win** - in fact, in theory you should expect
Rockbox to crash at this point - quite why it doesn't is beyond me.

In the mean time, feel free to enjoy this new game in its ALPHA state.
Bug reports and UI feedback welcomed.

BC

** I was in the middle of writing this code when I realised that it would
all need to be scrapped.

PS. <sic>