Subject: Re: new community...

Re: new community...

From: Lucas <facted_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:54:55 -0400

A little off topic, but this whole new "mis-trust" of google is hillarious.
They have never before sold anyone's information. They have never had
privacy concerns. All of a sudden they want to give away a gig of e-mail
storage space for free, while having a COMPUTER read your e-mail and provide
context ads, and the whole world goes beserk. Google is Satan incarnate.
Please, get a grip.

They provide free services that are very, very popular on the web. If you
don't like what they are doing, then don't use their services. However,
don't refer people to google-watch.org which is a joke in and of itself.
Google-watch's main complaint with google is that context sensitive ads now
appear on the side of google searches. THE SERVICE IS FREE FOR CRYING OUT
LOUD. If you don't want to deal with ads, then find yourself an ad-free
search engine (that likely won't find you very much information) and use it
and stop complaining about how google has become corrupt.

Jeez.
Sorry for the rant, but the google firing squad has to be stopped.
-Lucas