Subject: Re: Sort songs by album track #

Re: Sort songs by album track #

From: Lucas <facted_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 15:50:59 -0400

It's not a problem, nor is it hard to put a number in front of a song title.
However, it takes up valuable LCD real estate when you're browsing your
songs with rockbox. If it was automatically sorted by rockbox (which is
what's done in Winamp btw), then you could get away without including the
numbers and still have your files sorted by order on the album. I just think
that's a much cleaner approach. It's not harder or easier (it's basically
the same thing), but then you can browse your song titles without the
numbers.

Another solution would be the display of id2 tag information in the browsing
menu instead of just the filename. That's also what's done in most mp3
programs and I would hope that's less controversial than adding support for
the id2 tag track #.

Has there been any discussion about changing the display in the file
browsing system to support id2 tags?

"Brian Wolven" <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net> wrote in message
> Lucas wrote:
> > Is there anyway to sort songs by album track #? ID2 tags have the
ability to
> > include track #, which many people do when they rip cd's. It would be
very
> > convenient to utilize this instead of having to include 01, 02, etc...
in