Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: DC power overheat

Re: DC power overheat

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 10:01:41 +0200

seems that the player/studio models have a really bad power management.
they must not be plugged for too long.

mine does heat a lot also...

I think all other models have a much better power management:
recorders are controlled by rockbox
and v2 and FMR have lithium ion which should support constant DC power I think...


James Currie wrote:

> I had my Archos Studio 10 plugged in to DC adapter for a trip this
> weekend in the car. The player is in the trunk, so I can't see it.
> When I looked at it this morning, it looks like the DC-DC converter
> inside the unit overheated. I've got melted plastic at 5:00 in a 1/4
> inch size relative to the play/stop button. It doesn't look like it
> is charging anymore. Any suggestions? Find another one?
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers!
> http://youroffers.msn.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://cool.haxx.se/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>

_______________________________________________
http://cool.haxx.se/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
Received on 2004-05-04

Page template was last modified "Tue Sep 7 00:00:02 2021" The Rockbox Crew -- Privacy Policy