Subject: Recorder 20 V1

Recorder 20 V1

From: Randy King <rking_at_ams.org>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:46:59 -0400

I have found a place here in the U.S. that is selling brand new factory
sealed Recorder 20's (version1) for $249.20, Archos part #500277
http://store.yahoo.com/softbyweb/arjump3re20.html. Their website says
they also have Recorder 10's for $225. I called them because I didn't
believe that it was a, version1, I made the guy make sure it was a
#500277, he said they have about twenty more. I just received mine
today I order it on 4-30. I haven't tried it yet but it has blue
bumpers, hopefully it is flashable the one have had for a year isn't.
The only problem I see is this from their website:
/*All defective/opened merchandise must be returned/replaced with the
manufacturer. There is no store warranty on any product(s), unless &
otherwise specified on our website.*/
Will Archos refund (for an discontinued product) if the unit is defective?

He who hesitates....

Randy