Subject: serial transmit response latency

serial transmit response latency

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 01:07:40 +0200

Hi

As I explained in another post, my cd changer implementation requires that I
respond to polling requests within 8ms
I took the software Tx patch posted by jorg, and noticed that the software
Tx implementation is a software loop polling the timer.

Can I use such transmit routines inside the serial interrupt?
Is there a problem having the serial interrupt taking 3-4 ms?
Are there other time critical tasks in rockbox?

If the transmit routine must be done outside the interrupt, where can I be
assured to poll every millisecond?

Final question: will the software tx patch be merged into cvs?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sophana