Subject: AW: feature suggestion: intro scan

AW: feature suggestion: intro scan

From: Philipp Pertermann <philipp.pertermann_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:25:38 +0200

> Von: netcava_at_club-internet.fr
>
> A friend who own an Archos Av120 told me he like very much the
> "intro scan" feature on this unit,

Just a potentially inspiring hint for someone who wants to implement that
intro scan:
I think the way most commercial devices implement this feature is stupid.
When I scan the songs on my device I want to hear a representative excerpt
of it. Intros are intros and very often very different from the song, hardly
ever any good to identify a song. My darned cd player only plays the first
few seconds and then jumps to the next song before the intro has finished
and the real song starts. Thus I think rockbox could improve this feature by
skipping e.g. the first third of the song that is to be scanned, fade in,
play a couple of seconds, fade out and jump to the next song. That improves
the chances that a representative excerpt is played.

Phil