Subject: Re: 0505Build voice UI crash

Re: 0505Build voice UI crash

From: Cristian <cguiducci_at_gostec.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 13:32:55 +0200

>To fix the new problem, I may need to change the method Rockbox does
>pause/resume in general. Sorry for neglecting this, maybe I should roll back
>for the time being.
No problem Joerg, just trying to find bugs and help...

>> I was suggesting Joerg, wouldn't it be better to eliminate the option "on
>> enter" in the folder voice menu? Someone uses it?
>I don't know, copied that from the original talkbox patch. I'm a big fan of
>removing option clutter!

Does someone uses the "on enter" option? I find it better while hovering...

> have les options and a default strategy like this: 1. if file.tbx
>> present, it plays the file. 2. if file not present, it says the number
>followed by the word folder, 3. if the stop or other button is pressed, it spells
>> the item. To me this is something that would replace all the options, and
>> an on and off status would be enough.
>
>You at least need to decide if you want to use talkbox or not. To find out
>that the file is not there still requires the disk to spin up.

well... what about this? 2 options:

1. spins up the disk, plays the tbx file if present, says the folder number if the file is not present, and spells the item by pressing the stop button.
2. energy save: doesn't spin up the disk, says just folder number while hovering, and upon pressing stop, when requested, spins up the disk and plays the tbx file if present, or spells it if not present.

Wouldn't it be OK for most of users?

>A beep is a little bit complicated, because a TTS engine won't generate one.
>So this would be a side path of the voice file generation.

We could make a small string that reproduces a short sound? couldn't we
like: tipp!?

bye.