Subject: Re: option clutter

Re: option clutter

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 00:17:43 +0200

>It would be possible to remove even more settings from the menu and make
>them available in the config file only. This way the "power users" could
>still be able to tweak rockbox but usability would be much better for the
>average user.
what about an "easy mode" which hides or simplifies certain options for
non-power-users ?

to be really "ergonomic" and user-friendly with rockbox, there has to be done
some field-study: the average users users need to be asked - too many geeks
around here on this list ;)

for my opinion, rockbox needs no change. rockbox has enough complexity.
to differ between average and power-user adds another layer of complexity.
maybe it can be done with help of documentation: add a remark/icon "standard
option" and "advanced option" to every documented feature ?

roland