Subject: New Rockbox Goodies Now Online

New Rockbox Goodies Now Online

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 06:55:30 +0100

Hi all,

Just me, Bluechip, bringing you MORE good news :)

Get your web browser and USB cable at the ready and prepare to step your
Jukebox up a notch.

I've finally got around to putting all my stuff to date on my homepage.

There's no pretty HTML for it yet - maybe when I next get bored, who can
tell :)

You will find the ==Windows32 Dev Kit== which is fine for all versions of
M$ Windoze - make sure you read the readme for fool-proof installation and
usage instructions.

The latest version of ==Othelo== is there with new Pass Rules, In-game
Animations, "Mini Demo" Intro, new AI player, etc. More AI is being
designed as you read, so watch this space.

There is a bigger "Maxi Demo" called ==*Starfield*==, based on the Othelo
"Mini Demo" code. This coding demo illustrates a ***FIVE layer paralax
scrolling starfield, ***two 'incidental' animations and ***a sine wave text
scroller flaunting ***a new 9x9 font ...which all run simultaneously. It
also includes a selection of ==new sprite based algorithms== for drawing
lines, boxes, sprites etc ...they all include view-port/screen clipping and
are generally more efficient than the core lcd routines.

==Klondike Solitaire== is up there, still in it's alpha state, but that
should pass faster now that I have re-written the core lcd functions. This
game was built originally as a demo for the ==Card Game Engine==
'Framework' ...which will be forthcoming at some point, but there is a
major change I want to make to the underlying principle of it, so I am
holding out before I go public.

I've put up the ==Win32Sim Patch== ...it no longer applies (not even close)
but if anyone ever wants to pick up the work, it might make a good starting
point.

The ==Audio 3587== "Enhanced Audio Control Panel" for JBR-1 JBR-2 and
JBR-FM, needs to be completed as a "plugin-only", but it requires new API
calls to be added to the Plugin API - so unless I can squeeze those changes
past them-who-control-what-is-and-isn't it will only ever be of any use to
people who can compile their own firmware.

Anyone who has ever compiled their own firmware will attest to
how simple it is; but I appreciate how a task like this can be daunting
to a newbie and/or non-programmer type. I'll propose the changes sometime
over the next few days and see how lucky we get. Cross your fingers.

__________ ______________
__________Now the $1Million Question______________
   "Where can I get all this new stuff for free?"
        ...and today's lucky answer is...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cyborgsystems/Rockbox

Although you will find lots of other fun stuff if you go straight to
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cyborgsystems
...it is (a) not Rockbox related and (b) there is no link (yet) from the
front-page to the =Rockbox Goodies= directory. So (for now) you will NEED
to use the first link to download the new Rockbox Plugins etc.

Also be warned the main =Cyborg Systems= web site is covered in subliminal
imagery and embedded commands/suggestions. Your sanity cannot be
guaranteed. Veiw the full site at your own risk.

Hope you enjoy all the new stuff. Feedback is always welcomed.

BlueChip
e P=CS
C i
h hCeu