Subject: Re: Repeated Remote Commands

Re: Repeated Remote Commands

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:31:48 +0200

Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:
> As I know, there is a possibility to repeat sending serial commands on the
> remote interface for Previous, Next, Vol Up/Down, to get the same behaviour
> as if I press the keys on the JB itself.

No. Repeating the command is the same thing as pressing the button several times, not holding it down.

> Anybody knowing if this feature can be realised via remote interface ?

Currently you can't, but there is nothing preventing you from adding it!

The Archos remote can only send six different values:

#define PLAY 0xC1
#define STOP 0xC2
#define PREV 0xC4
#define NEXT 0xC8
#define VOLUP 0xD0
#define VOLDN 0xE0

If you make your own remote you can add more codes that more accurately simulate the real buttons, by using separate press and release events.

--
Björn