Subject: Re: Very confused about models/Battery type

Re: Very confused about models/Battery type

From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat <reginald_at_kupietz.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:34:37 -0700

You know, a few months back in the archives, I found an email from someone
who ordered a "Special Edition" from Amazon, and got a V2 in a box that
said it included NiMH rechargeable batteries with a manual that said the
same, but inside, obviously, the V2 only had an internal Li-Ion.

Add to that the fact that all these people are advertising a "Special
Edition" which, strictly speaking, isn't a model according to Archos, and a
picture forms:

The new V2 comes out, but Archos still has a bunch of extra "V1" packaging
laying around. So they put the V2's in them, slap on a promotional sticker
saying "Special Edition V2!" and sell them that way, with the feature set
of the old model still listed, leading to confused eBay sellers everywhere.

Just supposin',
Mike

PS. Your domain name and website rock. Aw-right Hamilton!