Subject: Re: uart_boot program

Re: uart_boot program

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 22:29:35 +0200 (MEST)

> Hi, remember me?? I've been trying to find you in IRC w/o success. I
> guess it's due to time zone.

Sorry for late answer. I sure do remember. I'm in IRC quite often.

> Anyhow, I have built me a level converter as well as a serial mod.
> According to
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-09/0233.shtml
>
> Rx and Tx are set w/temp wires attaced but I don't understand the part of
> 4*10K pullup array..... Can you explain that?

That is only needed if you do the UART boot mod, to bring the box into a
state where it expects code from the UART.

If your box is not completely dead, you may not need this, can use the
monitor feature of my flash loader, minimon is buit in. It is started with
F3+On, behaves like frozen, but is waiting for commands from the serial.

> Also, I need UART_Boot Program, I was wondering if you sort of walk
> through the process?

The program is in cvs, but only source code. I've placed a compiled version
here now:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/flash/uart_boot.zip

I'm starting to write a document _now_.

Jörg