Subject: Re: Recorded voicefont file available (alpha)

Re: Recorded voicefont file available (alpha)

From: Christi Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:13:10 +0100

sophana wrote:

> I dont think the problem is in your sound card.
> You should not use the mic input of your sound card but use an external
> preamp connected to the line in.
> A good microphone is important also.

I have a couple of microphones. As to whether either would be classed
as good, I'm unsure. One is certainly in the traditional ice-cream cone
microphone shape. There wasn't any noticeable difference in quality
between the two of them,

A noise cancelling mike and a pre-amp with SPDIF would be nice but I
don't really see it having much chance of happening.

Christi