Subject: Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox

Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:12:16 -0400

On Fri, 14 May 2004 14:52:40 -0400, Fred Maxwell wrote:

> Under Windows, the only reasonable choice for ripping is Exact Audio
> Copy. It has robust error detection and correction, automatic CD
> lookup (via freedb), file naming, track tagging, etc. It works with
> just about any encoder you would want. For MP3s, use LAME. It's
> generally accepted as the best.
>
> Regards,
> Fred Maxwell

There is one more "reasonable" choice out there as well, and it has an
innovative solution to the issue of accurate ripping, called, strangely
enough, "AccurateRip". :) dBpowerAMP Music Converter's Audio CD Input
module has all the standard features (freedb lookups, tagging, Compilation
ripping, etc) and offers all the Power Pack DSP options available in the
Conversion module for those who have upgraded from the free version.
Exact Audio Copy now supports AccurateRip as well, so this becomes another
"high confidence" program.

I found it to be an interesting potential solution to the error correction
issue that exists even in rippers that utilize C2 and so called "secure
mode" ripping. Info at: http://www.accuraterip.com/

Of course, as with freedb, the system is only as comprehensive as it's
database. I for one, am hoping that more and more people will contribute
in the future.

Chris