Subject: Help! My FMR is dying (again)

Help! My FMR is dying (again)

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:40:45 +0100

Hello All!

Okay, my FMR once only had one hardware fault, that was it accaisionally getting the old ATA 31
error on startup caused by some bad connection somewhere. this could be rectified by sqeezing the end
then switching back on.

But now I have a new problem. Similer but not the same. The sound of playing MP3's now stops sometimes
and to fix it I have to squeeze the same place again. This is strange though, as the radio is fine, it's just MP3 playback. The GUI says it's still going and it is as when I squeeze in just the right place it continues.

Any ideas what physical part of the unit could have come unstuck so I take it apart and attempt to re-solder?

any help much appreiciated.

I don't know what I would do without it. Well, not listen to music on themove I spose....

cheers,

,mat

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.