Subject: RE: I.N.Q. #2. iTunes plugin: mostly useless, or totally useless?

RE: I.N.Q. #2. iTunes plugin: mostly useless, or totally useless?

From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat <reginald_at_kupietz.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:40:15 -0700

At 1:12 AM +0200 5/26/04, Svante Tidholm wrote:
>My guess is Archos didnt finish that plugin after starting on it...

That sounds like a good guess to me. Having your Archos drive and .m3u
playlists right there in iTunes looks like it should enable you to do cool
things, but it doesn't.

> To bad though, since it would be really nice to use ITunes for the
>archos files.

Yeah. I've got to look for another ID3 tagger and playlist editor that's as
easy as itunes but isn't so inflexible about how it treats it's library...
I've learned not to let iTunes manage any folder or volume, like the
Archos, that you might want to keep arranged in order other than artist >
album > songs. (I like separate folders for my CD backups and my downloaded
tunes.) But iTunes' management of the tags and playlists is sweet, it's a
shame the plugin doesn't do what it should.

Mike

--
The great thing is, over the internet, nobody knows I'm a dog.