Subject: Re: Reflashing JBRv2

Re: Reflashing JBRv2

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:33:16 +0200 (MEST)

> I'm not sure if the original Archos f/w is compressed and prefixed with a
> decompressor.
> But the Rockbox f/w *is* compressed with ucl.

The Archos software is also compressed with UCL.

> There is also a little program which _must_ be stored in an untouched
> section of ROM which detects whether F1 is being pressed at the moment of
> startup.

My bootloader, yes.

> My guess would be
> IF (BUTTON!=F1) GOTO ROCKBOX;
> is appended to the front of the Archos f/w.

Very simplified, yes. Feel free to review the bootloader, it's in cvs under
"flash/bootloader.c".
Basically, it initializes the DRAM and a few other things, checks for
keypress, decompresses one of the 2 images into DRAM destination and jumps
there. It can do a few other tricks, has my monitor program "minimon" for
serial control, started with F3.

Jrg

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router fr alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl