Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished

Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:26:32 +0200

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

>>You added, that additional actions to the rockbox SW, right ?
>>Is there a plan to integrate that features to the main path development of
>>Rockbox ?
>>

>I'm not sure which path was taken here, but "hijacking" the LCD doesn't
>sound like a generic way.

sure that if you don't have text feedback, mapping the buttons cannot work.

>>Talking in a general way of implementation into Rockbox, how could these
>>functions be accessed (maybe via extended remote interface) ?
>>

>Yes, I'm eager to see something like that, too. As you may know, I went the
>plugin way, extending the API a bit to have a resident background plugin and
>control the playback via mpeg thread functions.
>It's not complete yet, I would need playlist functions as well to change a
>(virtual) CD.

I had a look at the plugin mechanism.
The big struct containing all the pointers is touchy to make backward
compatibility.
Is there not another way of making system calls through a trap or
something like that? (like most modern OS)

>>So the Unilink protocol enables you sending that data to the HU ?
>>Nice!
>>My Panasonic CDC simulator project isn't able to do that, because the
>>protocol itself doesn't contain the possibility of any text sending :-((
>>

>Same for my Alpine, no text display :-((
>

>>There were several discussions about that some weeks ago, and that power
>>on
>>pulse thing is definetly not working on all JB devices !
>>

>Help is on the way for the flashable boxes. We could extent the car adapter
>mode to bypass the charging screen, so it goes directly into resume, if
>configured. But you have to be aware that this re-introduces the flat
>battery problem: external supply is not enough to power the disk, if the
>batteries don't support it you can't start the unit, are locked out unless
>you use F1+plugin to hand over to Archos firmware.

I saw a flash in my player jukebox. I have read somewhere in the list
that you had a failed attempt in flashing the player. Are you sure there
is no way for recovering a badly flashed player? (jtag or something like
that)

I would be glad to help for player flashing because I could not find how
to connect to the 'ON' button.

Automatic power on is clearly a must have for the car application.