Subject: Re: looking for mic recommendation

Re: looking for mic recommendation

From: Glenn Ervin at Home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:48:48 -0500

I have a cheap little mic that works great.
It is supposed to be used to amplify sounds from far far away, and it is
about the size of a match book, and about that shape. It uses a little
battery.
But it works quite well for recording.
It is called a cyber spy, and it is worth only about ten bucks or so, but I
like it.
If you amplify it to high, the sounds are higher pitch than normal, but if
you turn it down, or otherwise, turn down the gain on the Archos, sounds are
quite normal sounding.
I use a patch cord from the shack with an eighth inch male plug at each end
to plug into the mic.
You will have to do a web search to find one, as I bought mine from an
on-line business that sells items as they get them, and usually does not get
them any more.
Glenn