Subject: Re: Bluechip forking

Re: Bluechip forking

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:40:24 +0200

I know that maintaining a lot of build option in the same cvs branch is
hard to maintain (and validate)

But I think there is definitly something to do to implement lots of
things inside rockbox, while maintaining coherency.

A tool like subversion instead of cvs does help a LOT in managing branches.
I use it at work, and the branch management (and merging) is working great.

the linux kernel has TONs of options (with xconfig...)
rockbox has a (very small) configure script. It should exploited better,
don't you think?
I know that the most configurable, and the most complex it will be.
maybe each option maintainer will be responsible to maintain their
option up to date?

The number of waiting patches is clearly high...

Regards
Sophana