Subject: Re: Auto-Startup of Archos Studio...

Re: Auto-Startup of Archos Studio...

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:34:08 +0200

Carsten Tschach wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is there any mod available which will startup the Archos Studio as soon
>as there is power connected to the DC-IN port?!
>
>I want to use the Archos in my car and I'm searching for a way to
>automaticly startup as soon as the engine is started.
>
>Bye, Carsten

I did a mod for my player 6000 to start with my sony HU.

I unmounted my LCD to find where to get the ON button wire, and the LCD
does not work anymore :-((
But I found where to solder the wire and made a photo.
Note that you need to unmount your CPU board, which is not that easy...

the photo also shows the bass improvement mod which I RECOMMEND! The
sound REALLY is much better with headphones.
It is so easy compared to unmounting the archos that you should do it.
http://sophana.free.fr/archos/archos%20006.jpg

http://sophana.free.fr/archos/archos%20009.jpg

the shortest wire connect to the ON button.
To virtually push the button you need apply a positive pulse (vcc) on
this wire.
To verify it really is the ON button, connect your batteries, and
measure the voltage on this pin. It should be VCC when the ON button is
pressed.

You need to apply a pulse which lasts several seconds. I use a pic for
it. But there are lots of other (simpler) possibilities.
It works fine.

Now my archos with no LCD will work only in my car. So I will mod it to
work without batteries.

For that I think I have to directly connect the DC to the positive
battery and change the charger and use a regulated one between 5 to 6v.
What do you think of that?

Sophana