Subject: RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:37:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Stuart Tedford wrote:

> > >Because it isn't worth the legal risk.
> > WHAT legal risk?

> The fact that you can come up with several risk scenarios above proves that
> there is a risk - however unlikely it may be.

Naah. Othello is a game from 1971 which is a variant of rules of Reversi
from 1880. See http://home.nc.rr.com/othello/history/

In my eyes you would need to change more of the rules for a game to claim
legal rights to it. Reversi seems to be a correct name to use (and skip one
unlikely legal issue).

I doubt Othelo is the problem here. Before anyone else notice this link I
publish it myself: http://www.haxx.se/home/games/othello/index.shtml

Very hard to beat. I'm sure it beats BC-Othelo's ass at master level (so that
could be a reason to skip it in Rockbox :-)

  // Kjell (Player owner myself = never played Othelo)