Subject: RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:15:07 +0100

> > > WHAT legal risk?
>
> > The fact that you can come up with several risk scenarios above proves that
> > there is a risk - however unlikely it may be.
>
>Naah. Othello is a game from 1971 which is a variant of rules of Reversi
>from 1880. See http://home.nc.rr.com/othello/history/
>
>In my eyes you would need to change more of the rules for a game to claim
>legal rights to it. Reversi seems to be a correct name to use (and skip one
>unlikely legal issue).
>
>I doubt Othelo is the problem here. Before anyone else notice this link I
>publish it myself: http://www.haxx.se/home/games/othello/index.shtml
>
>Very hard to beat. I'm sure it beats BC-Othelo's ass at master level (so that
>could be a reason to skip it in Rockbox :-)
>
> // Kjell (Player owner myself = never played Othelo)

LOL :P

Sadly my AI is mediocre at best.
But for someone who doesn't play othello, I think I did quite well with my
AI algorithms :)

If you or anyone would like to offer advice on playing tips I can add to
the AI, I am always open to suggestions ...yes, there are sites, but
where's the fun in that?

I'll get it good enough to beat you one day ;)

BC