Subject: mp3ClipGen.vbs useful tip?

mp3ClipGen.vbs useful tip?

From: Rick Alfaro <ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:06:36 -0400

Hi.

For those of you using the script mp3ClipGen.vbs along with lame to generate
folder names, I found it useful to be able to change the voice that was
being used. If anyone is interested, and you have other SAPI 5 compliant
speech engines installed on your XP box, you can easily change the default
voice by using the speech applet under control panel. Just go into the text
to speech tab and you will see all of your installed voices listed there.
Just select the voice you prefer, and set the speed if desired, and click
ok. Apparently, this script uses the default tts voice under XP which is
SAM by default. Sam sounds like he has a sock stuffed down his throat, so I
changed my default voice to one of the NeoSpeech voices I have, and had the
script re-generate the folder names and it worked great. Much nicer to
listen to than Sam's gravelie old voice! Perhaps someone else will find
this useful.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro
ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net