Subject: RE: A thought on the voice UI

RE: A thought on the voice UI

From: Rick Alfaro <ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:42:42 -0400

No, I personally don't think it would be easier to have to play each file to
see what it is. At this point, I actually fine even just the spelling of
the file names to be useful and full words as opposed to spelling would be
great, but, I certainly understand the implications of having thousands of
little files generated all over the place to accomplish this.

Having to play each file to listen to it and see what it is isn't any more
desirable than having to run a program, or open a document just to see what
it is. Of course, those of us that are used to listening to text to speech
really don't have to decipher anything. It is basically what we are used to
when navigating any treeview or listview in Windows Explorer.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro
ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net