Subject: RE: Audio_3587 Beta Status Update

RE: Audio_3587 Beta Status Update

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:20:20 +0100

That is, not, how it's done ;)

There are comprehensive step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the
release notes, but to summise:
Pick one rock, rename the one you pick to Audio_3587.rock and place it in
the rocks directory.
You MUST also, pick a firmware for your machine, rename this file to
ajbrec.ajz and place it in your root (main) directory.

However, if you are also getting weird lock-ups, I must be doing something
that the v2/fm doesn't like. As I do not own such a device, perhaps
someone who does (maybe you? :)) would like to work with me directly to
solve this issue before the next release.

If you can find a reliable set of events which will repetetively cause the
same lockup, that would be perfect :)

One lockup I was having in the early days was:
# an mp3 is playing
# the MAIN audio controls are visible on the screen
# One or more icon is flashing (digital clip)

...when the mp3 buffer emptied, my unit crashed - but I am 99% sure I
solved this!

Thanks to you and all for your help beta testing, it is greatly appreciated :)

BlueChip