Subject: RE: Newbie Alert

RE: Newbie Alert

From: Rick Alfaro <ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:16:44 -0400

Hi Steve, nice to see you in here.

The units can be found on Ebay. Personally, I would not go for any of the
player only units as the recorder models sound significantly better. I have
both an older jb6000 player, and just recently purchased a jbr20 and the
sound on the jbr20 is superior.

Just go to eBay and do a search for Archos jukebox recorder. Once you
execute the search, save it in your Ebay favorites, and have Ebay send you
an email every time a new listing is posted meeting that particular search
criteria. I still get an email almost daily with new listings for the
recorder units.

If you are going to get one, make sure it is one of 20gb units that support
USB 2.0. There is also a newer recorder know as a recorder v2, and yet
another with fm radio which is the recorder v2 fm. Any of those will work
with RockBox. The Archos units that will not work with RB are the newer
units like the Gmini, and all of the series that begin with AV.

If you would like me to demo my jbr20 to you with TalkBox installed, I would
be more than happy to do so. Just send me your phone number privately by
email, and I can give you a call and you can hear it in action. I have
unlimited LD, so not a problem at all calling you.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro
ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net