Subject: RE: Legal Notice Served

RE: Legal Notice Served

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:10:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Fred Maxwell wrote:

> The real joke is your belief that it's Bluechip's responsibility to put his
> software into some other format so that the tiny percentage of Linux users
> can access it without installing the equivalent of WINE or booting a Windows
> partition.

A much larger percentage of the Rockbox developers use Linux.

But if you want to ignore Linux, feel free to do that. Just don't expect us to
cheer with joy.

What OS do you think Björn runs, the person to whom the question was asked?

> By the way, Bluechip, I'm going to download it to a Handspring Visor PDA, so
> make sure that I can use it on that without having to decompress it on some
> other platform. If I choose a non-Windows platform, it's your job to
> support it!

He distributes the binary that is GPL-licensed, he must provide the source
code as well. As paragraph 3 states.

Providing source code is not "supporting a platform". But I don't require you
to grasp this.

You can be as sarcastic as you want. GPL is the license Rockbox is released
under.