Subject: flashing my 2 boxes

flashing my 2 boxes

From: rinty <rinty_at_freeuk.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:20:01 +0100

Hi, I've a recorder v1 and an FM recorder. I've read the stuff in the
manual which talks about flashing the firmware, and I'd certainly be
interested in having it done, as the speech would come up more
quickly, and presumably it would save HD spin up time too. I'm not
sure whether there are any other benefits, but...

I really don't feel confident enough though to do it, having read the
manual, maybe it's me being a whimp, but the explanation in the manual
sounds quite complicated. I don't want to end up with a dead box, and
installing the software was quite a step for me.

Could someone either write a step by step explanation, or is there
someone in the UK who'd be prepared to flash my boxes for me? I can't
afford to pay much, as I'm a student, however I would obviously pay
the postage, on the probability that whoever does it doesn't live near
Wiltshire.

Thanks,

Rob
---