Subject: Re: Hardware Question(s)...

Re: Hardware Question(s)...

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:52:13 +0200

stuart wrote:
> Please correct me if I am wrong, but the ISD 200 is a 3 volt part and
> there are pages (specifically the pages at funmp3players.com) that talk
> about adding a standard 5 volt hard disk drive... What's up with that?

The 5V parts (the hard drive and the backlight) are powered directly
from the battery, while the other parts are powered by a voltage
regulator. The power supply parts are not shown in the Jukebox 6000
schematics.

> Hum, lots of questions, I know. But, could someone tell me about the
> schematics on the http://rockbox.haxx.se/schematics page? Is the
> "Junkebox 6000" schematic the 3rd revision of the Jukebox Recorder?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Freudian slip? :-)

The Jukebox 6000 is the Player/Studio model, not the Recorder.

> And the link to the schematic below called "Jukebox Recorder" the 2nd
> revision? I ask because in what I think is the 2nd revision the ISD 1.8
> core and 3.3 edge voltage pins are all connected to Vcc. But in what I
> think is the 3rd revision, none of the pins are connected. Interesting...

Those schematics are far from complete. They were made by following
traces with a multimeter, and only the parts that were interesting back
then were measured. All digital parts are 3.3V, except the hard drive,
the backlight and the USB line drivers.

Linus