Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: RE: Prob with Archos fm

RE: Prob with Archos fm

From: rinty <rinty_at_freeuk.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:33:36 +0100

Hi guys,

I'd like to make a few points here if I could.

1. Please believe that I'm not defending someone whose rood, or
vulgar. There's no need for it, though I've seen the F word in a post
or 2 in the past, and wouldn't consider it beyond the realms of
possibility that I might use it myself. I think that freedom of
expression is more important than vulgarity. Some people's limited
vocabulary means that they have limited ways of expressing themselves,
and therefore normal rules don't necessarily appertain.

2. I'd hate to think we were banning someone for the non-sin of not
being particularly articulate, or for whom spelling and punctuation is
a problem. I'm not the world's greatest speller myself, and I'd hate
to have my punctuation put under the microscope: I also have very mild
dyslexia.

3. Some people don't find it easy to follow instructions, had it not
been for Aman's amazingly good instructions for installing rb and
getting it talking, I doubt my own ability to have got it working.

4. I submitted a request a couple of days ago for help with flashing
my players, and explained that I couldn't understand the instructions
in the manual. There was no implied criticism of the manual there,
merely my lack of ability.

5. I'm not a developer either, I'm an inexperienced and incompetent
user. I need help, and although I don't dispute for a moment that the
list may be primarily for developers, I hope it's OK for users to be
here and ask questions too. I wonder if it was a developer who came
up with the idea of having rockbox speak, or whether it was as a
result of a suggestion from another user, whether visually impaired or
not. I understood that this was the general discussion list for all
things pertaining to rockbox, hence why I joined.

6. Again I'd say that there's no excuse for insulting other members,
for being rude to each other, and for any vulgarity that doesn't
clearly arise from a lack of communication ability. I just want to
sound a note of caution to the calls for a ban.

Rob