Subject: Re: Newb question about external HD's (non-aol) but still newb

Re: Newb question about external HD's (non-aol) but still newb

From: stuart <stuart_at_xnet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:55:16 -0500

Hi Gary...

It sounds like what you really need is a thin client that can play MP3.

If you:
Can run a 100BaseT between your stereo and your computer.
Leave your computer on all the time.
Load up your computer with the thin client's software and drivers.
Load up your computer with your MP3s.

Then you can pick and choose anything from a MediaMVP
http://www.slimdevices.com/ to a Squeezebox http://www.slimdevices.com/.
  The RockBox is really for portable / self contained use... Ok, I
confess I don't have one, but I am looking into it.

Anyways, at half the price the MediaMVP is what I would get but you need
your TV on to navigate the MP3s. The Squeezebox is self contained with
it's own display. I would guess even with the limited display the
Squeezebox is better at navigating MP3 files. However, the MediaMVP can
also play videos.

                ...have fun