Subject: i think my V2 is turning into a paperweight

i think my V2 is turning into a paperweight

From: Dennis Lui <dennis_at_thesilvercat.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:12:36 -0700

so, i've had my v2 for about 4 months now, and the unit worked
flawlessly for the first 3 months, but just recently, i've been
experiencing some problems that may or may not have been discussed here
before. basically, my recorder is flashed with rockbox, and i just
simply play a single playlist of all my songs for about 8 hours at work
monday through friday. about a month ago, i've started having problems
where the music would randomly stop in the middle of a song, the
progress bar and the time in song continue as if the song were still
playing, and the RLOD is on. at the end of the song, the unit just
completely freezes. nothing happens when i press the stop, play,
forward, back, or on buttons. this behavior is very sporatic as well.
i have not been able to find any type of pattern. sometimes the V2 will
work perfectly for hours at a time, and other times, it freezes up
during the first song. furthermore, when the USB transfers are
extremely slow, and sometimes the files do not even transfer at all. so
far, i've tried checking the hard drive for errors and reflashing it
with a daily build, but the problem is still there. any help would be
much appreciated. thanks

-dennis