Subject: Re: time sync

Re: time sync

From: Peter Grecian <peter-g_at_moving-picture.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:32:31 +0100

How timeSync works:

You run the timeSync plugin on the jukebox and timeSync.pl on the host.
You press f1 on the jukebox and enter on the host at the same time.
(This creates a file on the jukebox),
You connect the USB.

(The host script mounts the filesystem,
calculates the difference in seconds between when enter was hit
and the timestamp on the file on the jukebox.
This is written to a file on the jukebox.
The script unmounts the jukebox)

You disconnect the USB.
You run the timeSync plugin again which sets the clock according to the
time difference file.

Currently it only deals with hours, minutes and seconds so is unreliable
at midnight. The script assumes the mount point is /mnt/archos and would
need some changes for a non unix system (I guess). If the plugin
turns out to be useful it would be worth developing it further.

Peter

Johan Vromans wrote:

>Peter Grecian <peter-g_at_moving-picture.co.uk> writes:
>

>>I've written a plugin and perl script to synchronise the clock
>>the AJB with the clock on the host computer. Thanks Björn for the API
>>change.
>>

>Interesting. How did you do it?
>
>-- Johan

        Peter Grecian ¦ mailto:peter-g_at_moving-picture.co.uk
The Moving Picture Co ¦ http://www.moving-picture.co.uk
 127 Wardour St, Soho ¦ T:020 7434 3100 F:020 7437 3951
  London, UK, W1F 0NL ¦ Lat 51:30:48 Long -0:07:58