Subject: Re: implementing sort by date / what do you think?

Re: implementing sort by date / what do you think?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:58:55 +0200 (MEST)

>From the feedback received, I now would suggest the following:

Sort options for directories and files are independent. Directories are
always first sorted first, before the files.

Directory options are:
- alphabetical (defalt)
- by date
- reverse by date

File options are:
- alphabetical (default)
- by type (identical types sorted alphabetically)
- by date
- reverse by date

The sorting by type can be done easily (I think) by using the internal
attribute value. I would shuffle the values a bit to have playlists, first,
then mp3, then other the other known types. Unknown ones would go last.

How's that?
Jörg