Subject: Re: Latest Changes in settings.c

Re: Latest Changes in settings.c

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:30:55 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Sophana,

I know, but as I understood, your mod is not going to be implemented into
the main path development of Rockbox.
Thanks to your engagement, but I would very much like to have that feature
implemented and supported by the main path and not implementing it on my own
in every single rev. published by the Rockbox crew.

Matthias

> My power on mod works fine.
> My archos is installed in my car since 1 week now. It powers on and off
> automatically.
>
> Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:
>
> >-----"[IDC]Dragon" wrote-------

> >>for

> >>Correct.
> >>

> >:-(((( - poor me....

> >>any

> JB
> >>>

> >>If they have the right chip, players can be flashed, but not with
> Rockbox.
> >>;-(
> >>(undiscovered initializations missing)
> >>
> >>The irony is that the players don't have an RTC, the chip containing the
> >>nonvolatile RAM with the settings. They would need a different concept,
> >>like
> >>saving the settings to flash.
> >>

> >What exactly is the RTC, some kind of EEPROM ?
> >

> >>Two nontrivial osbstacles...
> >>

> >Do you see any solution for Studio users ?
> >
> >Many THX
> >
> >Matthias

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de