Subject: Re: problem recording with V1

Re: problem recording with V1

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:21:25 +0200

Glenn Ervin at Home wrote:

> Linus,
> Wouldn't the position where you press on "start recording", before you press
> it again to actually begin recording, be about the same as Kerriocke?
> I have never used Kerrioke, but I am assuming that one can play music, and
> use the mic at the same time.

The Karaoke mode does not allow you to use the mic(*). The thing is that
in this "monitoring" mode, the MAS runs the encoding application, and
can't generate sound. To do that, it has to run the decoding application.

(*) however, that is a feature we may add. The MAS doesn't have to be in
the encoding mode to pass through the mic input.

Linus