Subject: Talkbox Problem Error "You do not have microsoft speech installed" but i have! What Am I missing out to create my talking directories?

Talkbox Problem Error "You do not have microsoft speech installed" but i have! What Am I missing out to create my talking directories?

From: <martin_sv_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:55:54 +0100

Hi, I recently installed talkbox and got the talking menus working fine
using
the ChristiEnglish voice. However I get the above error on running the
mp3clipgen.vbs script to create my spoken directories..
I followed the instructions for downloading and installing lame and placed
the VB script file for foldername creation alongside. As I didn't have any
MS speech installed in My Win2kSP3 desktop I ran spchapi.exe and also the
control panel applet spchCpl.exe. I must have read somewhere ( I did the
speech engine stuff a month or more back) that the L&H speech voices were
required or desirable and I ran LHtseng.exe. In control panel speech applet
I have both Microsoft Speech Synthesis engine and L&H TTS3000 listed and the
MS voice Sam and the L&H voices Carol, and Peter.
Using the applet I can verify that typing words produces the appropriate
speech and voices through my sound card.------Anyone know or have an idea
what the problem is?
(I also ran thru the same procedure on My w2k laptop with exactly the
same results!)
Thanks for any guidance

Martin