Subject: Rockbox DevKit v3.0

Rockbox DevKit v3.0

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 03:16:11 +0100

Reply to questions found on IRC:

>[16:58] <lImbus> BlueChip: are you in ? Am installing the DevKit v3 you
>send me these days. got a few notes:
>[16:58] <lImbus> Can't find the /DEVKIT/Rockbox.pif

Forgive the typo, it is actually /DEVKIT/RockBox.pif (obviously where
/DEVKIT/ is your chosen install directory)

Also, the .pif is generated by SETUP.BAT, because the link has to be
absolute, and we do not know where the devkit is installed until after it
is unzipped.

...Still wondering whether to put another wrapper around the .exe and make
it automatically run SETUP on install ...hmmm

>[17:01] <lImbus> furthermore /DEVKIT/home/rockbox/ is not created (there
>is only ./guest)
>[17:02] <lImbus> I am user guest if I start bash --login or rockbox.bat

Yes, sorry, I changed the user name at the last minute because cvs was
happy to create /DEVKIT/rockbox/rockbox ...I did not like two directories
with the same name in the path, so I changed the user to guest ...cos it
was the best I could come up with at the time.

So... Point 4 SHOULD read:

          4. Save the tarball to /DEVKIT/home/guest/

>[17:03] <lImbus> The RockBox-DevKit_v30.txt says "7a. === Making a
>Simluator Build ===" (typo)

LOL - You have passed the test :)

Thanks for all the feedback limbus ...hope you read the mailing list and
see this reply :)
I have made all your suggested updates locally - I will stick them online asap.

BlueChip