Subject: Re: "R" prize

Re: "R" prize

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:25:07 -0400

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:57:46 -0500, "Glenn Ervin at Home"
<GlennErvin_at_cableone.net> wrote:

>John,
>Would you be willing to include that the voice output (TalkBox) be
>maintained to at least the level of output which currently exists in RockBox
>at the time of development?
>Glenn

No. For two reasons. One, I'm not interested in it and two, it may
complicate the port of the core RockBox functionality. This same concept
extends to games, video/jpeg playing and all the other stuff not directly
related to RockBox's core functionality - playing mp3 files.

Just like the current RockBox, once a working port is out there, people who
are interested in things like TalkBox will port their code.

John

PS: I'm outta here on vacation until the 13th. I'd be thrilled to award the
prize when I return :-)
---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net